rathertoofondofbooks

Rather Too Fond Of Books

Hi, I'm Hayley,

I've been reading books for as long as I can remember and have recently re-discovered my book blog (Rather Too Fond of Books), which has made me excited to have a place to share what I'm reading, to review some books and to share my bookish memories. I have combined a newer blog of mine with this one and this is where I'll always post.

I am happy to consider any books to review. I post all of my reviews on here and on my book likes page, then I will be promoting the posts on Twitter and Facebook.

My email: rathertoofondofbooks@gmail.com

I'm also on:

Twitter

Facebook

The Catcher in the Rye - J.D. Salinger
I first read this book when I was about 15 or 16 and I loved it. I could identify with Holden and his struggle to find his place in the world. Reading it again as an adult I found the novel a different experience. I still loved the book and was surprised to find that I still had sympathy for Holden's plight. I can no longer identify with him though and at times I just wanted to tell him to grow up. A lot of what happened to him was not his fault though, I think he was just one of life's strugglers. This book will remain in my permanent collection and I'm sure I'll read it again at some point.