rathertoofondofbooks

Rather Too Fond Of Books

Hi, I'm Hayley,

I've been reading books for as long as I can remember and have recently re-discovered my book blog (Rather Too Fond of Books), which has made me excited to have a place to share what I'm reading, to review some books and to share my bookish memories. I have combined a newer blog of mine with this one and this is where I'll always post.

I am happy to consider any books to review. I post all of my reviews on here and on my book likes page, then I will be promoting the posts on Twitter and Facebook.

My email: rathertoofondofbooks@gmail.com

I'm also on:

Twitter

Facebook

The House At Riverton - Kate Morton
I've just this minute finished reading this book having spent the best part of the past two days completely engrossed in it. It is one of those books that's simply unputdownable. It borrows from previous literature that is in a similar vein - it's not dissimilar to Du Maurier's Rebecca at times but it is not in a way that becomes intrusive; rather it adds to the novel.

I found the mystery intriguing and couldn't wait to find out what had happened at the Lake. Some of the mysteries were easy to work out; Grace's heritage for example, but this did not detract from the novel at all. Even the rather obvious foreshadowing of events to come still left the reader in the dark and keen to learn just how it would all play out in the end.

I thoroughly enjoyed this novel, I think it is a story that will stay with me. I have Morton's The Forgotten Garden on my to-be-read shelf and can't wait to read that.