rathertoofondofbooks

Rather Too Fond Of Books

Hi, I'm Hayley,

I've been reading books for as long as I can remember and have recently re-discovered my book blog (Rather Too Fond of Books), which has made me excited to have a place to share what I'm reading, to review some books and to share my bookish memories. I have combined a newer blog of mine with this one and this is where I'll always post.

I am happy to consider any books to review. I post all of my reviews on here and on my book likes page, then I will be promoting the posts on Twitter and Facebook.

My email: rathertoofondofbooks@gmail.com

I'm also on:

Twitter

Facebook

The Language of Dying

The Language of Dying - Sarah Pinborough

This book is amazing; it's honest and unflinching, heart-breaking and so beautiful. And, for me, a little too close to things that have happened in my own life - but that's a good thing in many ways as it's given me pause for thought, to re-evaluate again. At times, the descriptions of the dying father were too much for me to read - I think he was dying of the same cancer as my Mum died from and it brought back a lot of sad and difficult memories. I sobbed a lot and although this is a very short book it took me a couple of days to read it as I had to keep taking a break. Ultimately though, it was cathartic and I actually feel a little more healed for having read this and it's definitely a book I will re-read.

This book is the 200th I've read this year and it's going straight into my top ten reads of 2013.