rathertoofondofbooks

Rather Too Fond Of Books

Hi, I'm Hayley,

I've been reading books for as long as I can remember and have recently re-discovered my book blog (Rather Too Fond of Books), which has made me excited to have a place to share what I'm reading, to review some books and to share my bookish memories. I have combined a newer blog of mine with this one and this is where I'll always post.

I am happy to consider any books to review. I post all of my reviews on here and on my book likes page, then I will be promoting the posts on Twitter and Facebook.

My email: rathertoofondofbooks@gmail.com

I'm also on:

Twitter

Facebook

Always Looking Up - Michael J. Fox
I really enjoyed listening to this audiobook. It's the follow-on to Michael J. Fox's first memoir - Lucky Man. This book takes much more of a political tone and follows Fox's fight for stem cells to be used in research into his, and other similar, diseases and as such is very interesting. It is also an insight into what life is like for someone with Parkinsons but it never falls into self-pity. We learn about his family and how they adapt to life with his illness and also about their differing religious beliefs. The most moving part for me was about the death of his sister, which has obviously had a profound effect on him.

I very much enjoyed listening to this book and would highly recommend it. I'm hoping that at some point there will be a third part to this memoir.