rathertoofondofbooks

Rather Too Fond Of Books

Hi, I'm Hayley,

I've been reading books for as long as I can remember and have recently re-discovered my book blog (Rather Too Fond of Books), which has made me excited to have a place to share what I'm reading, to review some books and to share my bookish memories. I have combined a newer blog of mine with this one and this is where I'll always post.

I am happy to consider any books to review. I post all of my reviews on here and on my book likes page, then I will be promoting the posts on Twitter and Facebook.

My email: rathertoofondofbooks@gmail.com

I'm also on:

Twitter

Facebook

The Little Stranger - Sarah Waters
I was really looking forward to reading this because I am a big fan of Sarah Waters; at the same time though I was a little apprehensive as I do get spooked very easily and I just knew this book was going to be creepy. Once I started reading though I just could not put it down. It's historical fiction as well as a ghostly story and it's very well done. The social commentary is very well observed and really gives a feel of post-war Britain. The ghost story was very well done too, it was creepy and intriguing. There were lots of hints about the ghost and I did work out what was going on before the end of the book; this didn't spoil the story in any way though. After finished this book I found myself pondering on it for days and I'm actually going to hang on to the book and read it again at some point as I'd like to read it knowing from the start what was going on.