rathertoofondofbooks

Rather Too Fond Of Books

Hi, I'm Hayley,

I've been reading books for as long as I can remember and have recently re-discovered my book blog (Rather Too Fond of Books), which has made me excited to have a place to share what I'm reading, to review some books and to share my bookish memories. I have combined a newer blog of mine with this one and this is where I'll always post.

I am happy to consider any books to review. I post all of my reviews on here and on my book likes page, then I will be promoting the posts on Twitter and Facebook.

My email: rathertoofondofbooks@gmail.com

I'm also on:

Twitter

Facebook

The Truth About Melody Browne - Lisa Jewell
I saw this book when it first came out and wanted to read it; something about the synopsis captured me. Alas, I didn't buy it and then couldn't remember the title. Then the other day I saw that the novel was being given away free with a magazine, it seemed like fate and I bought it.

I started reading it as soon as I got home and couldn't put it down. I loved the way this novel was written; split between Melody in the here and now, and Melody prior to her ninth birthday. It was interesting that as a reader I knew more about Melody than she knew about herself; it meant I was willing her on to find out what had happened and to recall her memory.

I've never really been a fan of Lisa Jewell's novels but I'd now be prepared to try again as this novel was wonderful.