rathertoofondofbooks

Rather Too Fond Of Books

Hi, I'm Hayley,

I've been reading books for as long as I can remember and have recently re-discovered my book blog (Rather Too Fond of Books), which has made me excited to have a place to share what I'm reading, to review some books and to share my bookish memories. I have combined a newer blog of mine with this one and this is where I'll always post.

I am happy to consider any books to review. I post all of my reviews on here and on my book likes page, then I will be promoting the posts on Twitter and Facebook.

My email: rathertoofondofbooks@gmail.com

I'm also on:

Twitter

Facebook

My Sister My Love - Joyce Carol Oates
I picked this book up and started reading it three or four times before I actually managed to get into it. Once I did get into it I found I could not put it down. I read it over three days and found I couldn't wait to pick it up again. I loved how this book was written - footnotes and all because it fitted with the narrator's disjointed thought process. I love how Skyler narrated it but it was as if Skyler was two different people, there was also an editor contributing to the process of writing. It really felt at times as if the reader was actually inside Skyler's head and could actually feel his pain and distress.

This is only the second book I've read by Oates but I fully intend to buy some more of her novels now. I've actually just ordered Blonde from Amazon and I already have We Were The Mulvaneys on my to-be-read shelf.