rathertoofondofbooks

Rather Too Fond Of Books

Hi, I'm Hayley,

I've been reading books for as long as I can remember and have recently re-discovered my book blog (Rather Too Fond of Books), which has made me excited to have a place to share what I'm reading, to review some books and to share my bookish memories. I have combined a newer blog of mine with this one and this is where I'll always post.

I am happy to consider any books to review. I post all of my reviews on here and on my book likes page, then I will be promoting the posts on Twitter and Facebook.

My email: rathertoofondofbooks@gmail.com

I'm also on:

Twitter

Facebook

Review (and Int. Giveaway!): Christmas Wishes and Mistletoe Kisses by Jenny Hale

Christmas Wishes and Mistletoe Kisses: A feel good Christmas romance novel - Jenny Hale

Christmas Wishes and Mistletoe Kisses is a wonderful Cinderella story about Abbey and Nick.

Abbey is a single mum to six year old Max; she works as a nurse to Caroline but dreams of having her own interior design business. After she re-decorates Caroline’s home she is offered the chance to re-decorate and furnish Caroline’s Grandson’s mansion.

Nick is Caroline’s Grandson. He lives alone in his mansion and has done ever since he and his wife divorced. He puts all his time and energy into running the family business that his father left to him.

Abbey and Nick get to know more about each other as Abbey is re-designs the interior of his house and she begins to get under his skin. He feels a need to look out for her and make sure that she is ok. After Nick meets Max he begins to form a bond with the boy despite saying that he never wants children of his own.

This novel has all the elements you could possibly want in a Christmas novel: It has romance, it has snow, it has a storyline that will tug at your heartstrings. I loved seeing how Abbey and Nick’s relationship developed, it was lovely how it wasn’t all one-sided. Nick lavished gifts on Abbey but actually what she gives him is so much more important. She teaches him about the value of making time to be with loved ones and about following his dreams. It’s a wonderful reminder of what Christmas is really about.

One of my favourite moments in the novel was when Nick took Abbey and Max to meet the real Santa, it just made me melt and reminded me of those wonderful visits that I was taken on as a child to see Santa. It gave me goosebumps when Santa’s feet appeared down the chimney and reminded of the magical set up at the place where my mum used to take me.

This is the first book I’ve read by Jenny Hale but I’m absolutely certain that it won’t be the last, I’m now very much looking forward to reading her other novels.

I rated this book 9 out of 10 and recommend it to everyone who loves a cute, romantic and magical novel to read at Christmas.

I received this book from Bookouture via Net Galley in exchange for an honest review.

Christmas Wishes and Mistletoe Kisses is out now and available from Amazon.

This review was originally posted on my blog RatherTooFondofBooks where I'm currently running an International giveaway where you can enter to win an ecopy of this very book. There is also a giveaway for ebooks of Bella's Christmas Bake Off, One Wish in Manhattan, and Christmas at Lilac Cove. The final giveaway will be posted tomorrow and this is for an ecopy of Snowflakes at Silver Cove. Please check my giveaways out at RatherTooFondOfBooks Giveaway Post!

Source: http://rathertoofondofbooks.wordpress.com/2015/10/25/review-int-giveaway-christmas-wishes-and-mistletoe-kisses-by-jenny-hale